We had SO MUCH FUN with our garden club and our guests at Art in Bloom. Thank you, again, to the Milwaukee Art Museum for putting on another spectacular event!
Check out our upcoming events and mark your calendars for these fun workshops!
Easter is April 21st this year. We will be open Easter Saturday, but closed on Sunday.
Blumen Bash will be April 27th, and our Workshop Weekend will take place on April 27th and 28th. Plan your late April weekend with us! Blumen Bash is our annual “Welcome to Spring” event , and will take place from 10am-4pm. As always, there will be make-and-takes, kids games and projects, demonstrations, gardening information, discounts and deals in the shop, learning opportunities, artists and vendors, food and refreshments.
This year, at our Workshop Weekend:
- Salad Bowls, Saturday and Sunday (all day). You’ll have the opportunity to seed and plant a tabletop garden of edible greens. $10 per person.
- Hanging Baskets, Saturday, 10am. $35 per person. You plant it, leave it with us to “plant-sit” and then pick it up when it’s warm enough to hang outdoors or on your patio.
- DRiemers Studio, Saturday, April 27th, at 10am. Create your own one-of-a-kind floral shadow box with a vinyl inspirational saying on the front. $45 per person, includes all supplies and instruction on how to put your piece(s) together. Please RSVP for this class. Call Shady Lane for details.
- Ink Art by Beth Kluth, Saturday 12:30-3pm. $60 fee includes all supplies and 3 matted 5×7 finished one-of-a-kind pieces by you! *Please pre-register for this class by clicking this LINK
- Succulent Dish, Saturday, 2pm. $25 per person. Plant your very own succulent garden for tabletop display.
- Visit with Allison from Monrovia on Saturday. She can answer questions and give advice for all your gardening needs!
- Chalk Couture with Deb Mack. Sunday, April 28th, 9am-noon. Create a chalk painting on wood, glass or chalk board. Demonstration and supplies included in your fee. $TBD
- Spring Wreath Planting, Sunday, 1pm. $60 per person.
- Food: Grilling with D’Oberlander German Dance Troupe.
- Roger Kozak, The Glass Flower Guy, will be our Featured Artist on Sunday, April 28th. He will have a display with items for sale.
One of our vendors for the weekend will be local potter, and Shady Lane favorite, Robert Pape. With more names to be added as they are confirmed.
Spring Train Jamboree will be May 4th. Kid’s activities to include “Plant Some Love for Mom”, our $10, easy, kid and family friendly planting workshop. A fun Glass Bird make-and-take stone art project for $2. Choose a beautiful fused glass nugget, made by our own Marianne Harvey. Each nugget will be attached securely to a Lake Michigan rock and you’ll have free creative expression to turn that nugget into a bird, or whatever else you can imagine! Coloring, face painting, our favorite Organ Grinders, and of course – TRAINS!! Fresh back from their vacation and spa get-away (i.e. winter repairs and cleaning), see our model trains in all their glory!
Mother’s Day Marketplace, aka Mommy’s Market, will be Saturday, May 11th – and is our annual precursor to Mother’s Day, which is May 12th this year. We’ll have shopping, vendors, artists, refreshments, live music, kid’s make-and-take projects and games, and much more.
At this year’s the Marketplace, will have a metal etching workshop for $20 per person (sorry, no Garden Club discount), with Jessica Franzen, artist, Reiki specialist, and owner of Sparrow Collective in Bayview. The workshop will take place at a TBD time. Contact Katie for more info!
May 18th is our Kitchen Garden Gala. Create a $10 Salad Bowl all day. Demos TBA on how to grow and use everyday garden items in your food and beverages, right from your very own kitchen. More details coming soon.
Mark your calendars. The annual Menomonee Falls Community League Garden Tour will be Saturday, June 29th, 2019.
Please keep in mind that our business can be greatly affected by weather and other circumstances. So, events are subject to change.
*GARDEN CLUB MEMBERS Receive a $5 discount on all of our offered workshops and classes. IMPORTANT: Please pre-register or RSVP for classes and workshops when noted. Classes will be canceled if the hosts do not think we have a good sized attendance.
***Sign up to be in our Garden Club and get a discount each time you register for a class or workshop with us! Email Kathy for more information!