Get ready for an awesome autumn with Shady Lane Greenhouse!
- Social Saturdays are back in full swing! Do you have an idea for a class, or is there something you wanted to try but couldn’t attend the last time it was scheduled? We love getting feedback from our customers! Contact Katie with your ideas!
- November 9th: This is a bring-your-own-materials class! With a minimal $5 fee, for the instruction and the wreath base. Please bring your garden scraps for a one-of-a-kind, unique-to-your-space wreath! Some suggested materials: Dried flowers, hydrangeas, large leaves, sticks and branches, pinecones, dried berries, etc. These wreaths are sure to be fun to create and lovely to look at! 10am. Please RSVP and bring your own gardening gloves and pruners. And, bring a friend or two!
- November 17th, Join us for a lovely Sunday workshop – Magnolia & Mixed Green Winter Wreath. 1pm, with a $35 cost for non-Garden Club Members, or $30 for Garden Club Members. This 22″ wreath will include fresh materials, with a focus on the magnolia.
- November 23rd will be our annual Christmas Party. Join us for festive workshops, make and take projects for kids and grown ups, Christmas music, refreshments, vendors, specials in the shop, trees and lots of holiday cheer!
- Kid’s crafts and activities, ornaments, swags, jingle jars: $1 to $5
- Fused glass ornaments with Marianne, 2 for $35
- Visit with Santa (Santa will arrive around 1pm!)
- Storytime with Santa’s helper
- Face painting by Santa’s staff
- Use our antique sleigh for your Christmas family photo
- Enjoy treats, refreshments and music throughout the day
- Visit the Midwest’s largest indoor G-scale Model Railroad, decked out in winter splendor.
- November 29, 30, and December 1 is our Workshop Weekend!
- Friday, November 29: 1pm, $15 for Garden Club Members, or $20 for non-Members. Swag Workshop. We’ll be using beautiful fresh greens, such as: noble fir, cedar, white pine, Carolina blue sapphire, and finish the swag with a decorative bow.
- Saturday, November 30: 10am, $30 for Garden Club Members, or $35 for non-Members. Tablescape Class. Using a magnolia leaf base and other natural materials, create a 30″ long table top runner-style centerpiece. No noble fir in this one, but other gorgeous greens will be at your disposal!
- Saturday, November 30: 1pm, $38 for everyone. Christmas with Karl. Create your own 30″ holiday wreath.
- Sunday, December 1: 1pm, $25 for Garden Club Members, $30 for non-Members. Christmas Porch Pot. For inside or outside – these porch pots will not need water. Design your own decorative pot filled with spruce tips, festive greens, mixed greens, cones, light decorations, ribbon and bows.
- December 7th is our German Poinsettia Party and the Shady Lane Greenhouse 45th Anniversary Party! Help us celebrate this momentous occasion! Enjoy treats and refreshments from the D’Oberlander dancers. Music by Will, our favorite pianist. Kids can decorate a “Traditional Gernman Christmas Ornament”, and learn to fold a gold paper angel. For $15, anytime between 10am and 2pm, create your own Bird Swag to hang outside on a tree or feeder, using fresh evergreens and seeds. No member discounts on this craft.
- December 14th is our Social Saturday Indoor Succulent Dish Garden workshop. Plant a dish garden with colorful succulents. $25 fee, or $20 for Garden Club members.
Please keep in mind that our business can be greatly affected by weather and other circumstances. So, events are subject to change. Please also note, the greenhouse where our trains are located can get *VERY* hot and humid. It’s great for tropical plants, but not always for extra large model railroad sets! Sometimes we will keep the trains off during bursts of extreme heat, but you’re always welcome to stop by to walk around them. They’re not going anywhere!
*GARDEN CLUB MEMBERS Receive a $5 discount on many of our offered workshops and classes. IMPORTANT: Please pre-register or RSVP for classes and workshops when noted. Classes will be canceled if the hosts do not think we have a good sized attendance.
***Sign up to be in our Garden Club and get a discount each time you register for a class or workshop with us! Email Kathy for more information!